Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter Everyone! 

Today was a lot better than yesterday. It started out kinda chill with me not doing much. I got to video chat some people which was nice. I decided at about 12:15 or so that I was going to venture down to Beppu City to try and find the Catholic Church so I could go to Mass. 

After I got off the bus at Beppu Station, I wandered for a bit since I had time to kill and managed to see of in the distance an amusement park up on the mountain. I thought that was so cool! While exploring was fun, it did result in me being a tad late for Mass (I forgot how to get to the church lol :P). 

Once I got to Mass, things got real interesting. For starters, you can't wear your shoes inside the church which is not exactly something I'm used to lol. On top of that, the priest's English wasn't that great so the homily had to be translated (which was still hard to understand). They also use the Apostles' Creed instead of the Nicene Creed as well as combining parts of the old and new Mass (For those who aren't Catholic, Boss guys out in Vatican City decided to change things up a bit last Summer and redo parts of the Mass). Finally, for the Sign of Peace, you bow to the priest first and then bow to those around you. Not your typical Christ the King Mass at all lol :) 

After Mass, I walked back to the big Daiso (100 Yen store aka Dollar Store) and did a little shopping. I bought some things to decorate my room with as well as a planner and other small things. While wandering the store, I found some interesting items that included fuzzy handcuffs as well as a sumo thumb-wrestling arena (I didn't buy these though). Needless to say, I will be frequenting there often. 

And that was pretty much my day :) I'm going to work on my puzzle now. 

Random note: If you would like my address, please message me on Facebook or through Skype. Thanks! 

No comments :

Post a Comment