Thursday, March 28, 2013

So I had my first orientation today. I had a lot of information thrown at me but I feel like I could remember most of the stuff we talked about. I also got to eat in the cafeteria for the first time. My entire lunch cost me less than $5 which was awesome! :) Got to hang out with my awesome APU buddy, Mariko! She used to play drums in a brass band ( I may have asked her if she could teach me some tricks :P). I've also finally gotten to meet some of the other exchange students here. They're all super nice and I can't wait to get to spend more time with them. There has even been some discussion about going to Tokyo for our semester break :) I finished out the day with a welcoming party that included some delicious Japanese food as well as a demonstration of Kendo (Japanese Sword Fighting). 

Of course, like most things, not everything was rainbows and sunshine. I took my Japanese placement test and was slotted for Foundation Japanese 2. Was I surprised....not really. I'm not the most confident speaker and I could definitely use help with the kanji. The problem: this is the exact same course I just took in the Fall. I don't know what I'm going to do now about that. Japanese counts for about 7 GT credits but is it worth taking if I'm not going to get credit? I'm not sure and I'll probably have to talk to my advisers. 

Let the stress continue. 

PS: As I was writing this, I experienced my first earthquake while over here. I expect many more of those in my future lol :) 

No comments :

Post a Comment