Saturday, June 15, 2013


Today was an absolute blast! If you remember, during Quarter 1, I was named a Floor Leader for the World Festival. Well, World Festival was today and it was an absolute success! For our event, we wrote our names in different languages. I wound up getting my name in Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Bengali, Persian, and Thai. It was a truly eye opening experience. It made me realize how much this exchange has to offer and I couldn't be more happy. Thanks again to everyone who helped with the event! 

Ok, so after our event, I got to go sample some food that other floors made. It was sooo delicious! I had squid/shrimp friend rice, blueberry pancakes, a kabob, and a sweet potato tart. Incredibly yummy for sure! After that, there were performances by the RAs and some of the other floors. All of them were really creative and super funny. I love how the people here are willing to put themselves out there without any fear of judgement. It's great to see people let go. :)

Anyway, the clock is winding down fast and this exchange will be up before I know it. I'm coming to realize that this is a bittersweet feeling. I miss so much back home but I wish I could stay here a little longer. Things are not so stressful here and the weather is awesome. I'm anxious about how things will be when I get back home. Lots of changes have happened and I don't know how that will affect me when I get back. For now, I ask for your continued support through the rest of this journey and I look forward to seeing each and every one of you in a couple weeks! :) <3 

No comments :

Post a Comment