Saturday, June 22, 2013


Another week down! Hard to believe we are down to a little over a month before I come back home. I have a midterm coming up this week; all the questions are short answer or essay. Fortunately, the professor is letting us use notes so I'm not too worried about it. Japanese is also going a lot better this quarter. I actually managed to pull a 100 on a quiz and the professor has given me kudos a couple times in class. It was funny because Vanessa and I actually were stopped by some middle schoolers the other day to be interviewed and we were both able to answer the questions in Japanese. The children were super kind and understanding. 

 I've also started reading Memoirs of a Geisha and am about halfway through at this point. The book is so good. The writing techniques the author uses are just exquisite and it makes the story so believable. I HIGHLY recommend the book. I've been watching a couple more films here and there. I was able to sit through the first Harry Potter movie although I will say I was not that impressed. I like the wittiness of the characters but the story is ok (And yes, I have tried a dozen times to read the books and no, I have not been able to get through the first chapter of a single one). 

In the next couple weeks, I have a bit of stuff I want to go see. I'd like to see the Hells of Beppu before I leave as well as visit a couple more onsens. My friends and I are also planning on going to a Kimono Festival later in July. Lots of exciting stuff for sure :). I would like people to know though that I am currently going to counseling to figure some personal stuff out. I don't ask for pity or sympathy but sometimes, you just need a new set of eyes to help clear things up. My hope is that through this, I will become a stronger and better person for myself and for those around me. I ask for your continued support and appreciate all that each and every one of you does for me. :) <3 


PS: If you are planning to send me a package, letter, card, etc, please do it within the next week or so to ensure I get it before I leave. I cannot promise that I will necessarily get it otherwise :D

No comments :

Post a Comment