Wednesday, April 3, 2013


Finally got the news that I had been waiting for! So, I met with the Japanese adviser here at APU to discuss whether I should be in Foundation II or Foundation III. I explained my situation to her and how if I took Foundation II, I would receive no credit and also be forced to take 12 classes here to fulfill Tech requirements. I explained to her that I was determined and that I knew I could do well in Foundation III. While she admits I probably won't get an "A", she knows I'll at least be able to pass the class. I know that these next couple days are going to be filled with lots of hard work and studying (I even went and bought the Genki I textbook and workbook) but it'll payoff and I will be on track for classes. (I'm in Foundation III! :) ) 

Having this happen has some pros and cons. The pros include the fact that I will no longer have to take a million classes over here. As of right now, I'm planning to register for 7 classes (6 major, 1 Japanese) for the semester. This will keep my work light so that I can spend as much time as possible focusing on my Japanese. This has also freed up some more time for me to possibly join clubs and organizations which I'm looking forward to! 

Here comes some cons. So I am happy that I will have my shot at Foundation III. I know I can do it but I do have some concerns. The tests here count a LOT more than they do at Tech and I have terrible test anxiety. I'm hoping though through lots of studying and practice, I'll become comfortable and won't stress too much at test time. Also, since I want to do well and continue to improve my language skills, I do not know if it's the best decision to join the APU Wind Orchestra. They meet for a total of 12 hours throughout the week including Saturdays and that is a huge time commitment. By being apart of it as well, I would likely not be able to do any other clubs as their meeting times are slightly awkward and conflict with most every other club. I really hate that I wouldn't be able to be apart of something awesome like that; however, I do have to look at my current situation and evaluate what will help me be most successful. 

In other random news, I just found out that Tech finally offers a certificate in Scenarios, Models, and Military Games. INTA majors were told about this our freshman year and I've been eager to pursue it. So, I'm planning on adding that to my major once I get back home. :) 

For now, things can start to calm down some hopefully :) <3 

No comments :

Post a Comment