Monday, April 8, 2013

Hey everyone! I know I haven't posted in a couple days but I have my reasons :P. I wanted to give some people the opportunity to catch up as well as there hasn't been too much interesting stuff happening lately. 

The past two days were spent mostly studying Japanese. I also did some shopping in town. Today, I had to register for classes. That was interesting to say the least. The system they use is not as technologically savvy as GA Tech's. Their system requires you to click the classes and save A LOT! I actually lost out on a class because I forgot to save :P 

It was super stressful too. I was really worried I wasn't going to be able to get enough major classes. Fortunately though, I waited and was able to snag others' spots who dropped. My schedule still has me taking 7 classes total. Most of the classes involve politics lol. I'm really excited though for my strategic decision making course though! It involves a lot of foreign policy and decisions about war and sanctions and nerdy INTA stuff :D. 

There was also an optional orientation about the health care system here in Japan. It quickly turned into sex education. The one thing us exchange students found the most entertaining was how adorable their condoms are. They literally decorate everything here. One came in a cute heart carrier and the other in a butterfly. All the girls thought they were the adorable. Of course, the guys were laughing at us. 

I don't start classes until Thursday so I have more time to study Japanese. You may not a see another blog post until then so sorry in advanced :P 

Also, I would like to take a chance and give a shout out to all the people that have been supporting me through this exchange especially my boyfriend Thomas. You put up with me complaining and whining probably way more than you should and I'm really really sorry for that. You and others have been so kind and encouraging and I can't thank you enough for it <3

3 comments :

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But really, bring back condoms. Like a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Listen, commenting on this was an event but it happened.

    ReplyDelete