Saturday, April 13, 2013


Thanks to everyone who has been reading my blogs! I really appreciate it :D


Yesterday was my second day of classes. It went WAY smoother than my first day. The teachers are all really nice and they are truly passionate about what they do. In these first couple days of classes, I've noticed some interesting differences from GA Tech. The first of those differences is the demand in workload. Here, the teachers warn you that they give lots of hw which in their minds is 20 pages of reading. I look at this as a break from my usual 40 pages :P. Also, my teachers here are giving us most of the questions for our finals in advanced; if only Tech would adopt that same mentality. Finally, I feel like here I have a lot more presentations I have to give which is a nice change from having to mostly write papers back home. 

Today, I had a fun day of adventures with my friends down at YouMe town (a mall). We shopped for a while which included hitting up a lingerie sale (you can't pass up $5 bras :P) and checked out other sales they were having. We wound up at the arcade where we went at took purikura (a photo booth/photoshop combo) which are really popular for both guys and girls. It's so much fun decorating the pictures! After that, I played the Kit-Kat arcade came once. I didn't win anything but I pushed the Kit-Kats further so I was determined to come back later and try again. 

After that, we went to dinner at Mos Burger which is a burger chain in Japan. The burger was sooo delicious. I had fries and a milkshake too. Rather satisfying dinner to say the least. We followed that up with another trip to purikura and that's when I played the Kit-Kat game again. I managed to get enough candy that I knocked over a bunch of Kit-Kats and other goodies! It was AWESOME! I now have a Kit-Kat stash for the rest of the year :P. Overall, it was a very fun and successful day of shopping and hanging out with friend :). 

________________________________________________________________________

On a completely unrelated note, I want to address some issues I've had lately (aka if you don't want to hear about my personal problems, you should stop reading now). I know the saying is, "The past is the past, you can't change it so move on"; however, while the quote may seem very simple and straightforward, past experiences shape who you are as an individual and I truly believe that. In my recent past (a la 4 years and less), I've had "friends" lie to my face and stab me in the back repeatedly. As a very trustworthy individual, this has done a LOT of damage to my self esteem as well as my ability to trust people. It is something that I struggle with daily and I try very hard to move past; however, I do have times when doubts will come in to my mind and I will question your loyalty. I'm sorry if this has happened to you and I promise it's not something that should be taken personally. Like I said, I'm trying very hard to trust those around me but it's hard when you've been hurt so much in the past. 

All in all, don't take this as me asking for sympathy or justifying my actions. I know it isn't fair for me to question peoples' integrity but I do have to look out for myself and I don't want to find myself in a similar situation to my past. 

<3 

No comments :

Post a Comment