Thursday, April 4, 2013

Today was a combination of interesting and boring. I had to wake up at 5 am to register for classes at Tech which wasn't too fun. I then had to get back up at 7:30ish to get ready for a mandatory health exam. It was amazing how organized they were during the health exam. 

After that, I went back to my place and studied Japanese and napped til about 4ish. I then started getting ready for our AP House Entrance Ceremony. It was so much fun! It started out with an orientation that I thought was going to be boring but turned out to be really awesome instead. The RA's from the houses made a video describing the rules and it was hilarious. 

Following the orientation was a buffet celebration! There was so much food and such good food. They had shrimp fried rice, different styles of chicken, french fries, finger sandwiches, and delicious drinks. I had the apple juice :) It's literally the best thing ever. The apple juice is made from Fuji apples so it's sweet and crisp and so great. The french fries we also perfectly seasoned. 

Before we could stuff our faces, the RAs had us do a toast which was really cute. After that, the consuming began and it was awesome. We also got to mingle which was fun too. I'm getting to meet more people and more people are coming to talk to me. I already feel like I am able to speak a little more confidently and my reviews are definitely helping. 

Sooo after eating came the performances. The Taiko group as well as the Indonesian performers from before did another gig. It was cool to watch it up close this time. After that was all RA performances. Each houses' RAs performed a number and then some of the groups came together to do additional numbers. The finale was "We Will Rock You". Overall, it was very entertaining to see them put themselves out there and not care about what we thought :) 

Tomorrow will hopefully be a little more exciting. I'm going to the Monkey Park and Aquarium since the weather will be nice. It should be a lot of fun! <3 

No comments :

Post a Comment