Tuesday, April 23, 2013



Sorry I haven't blogged recently :(. I've been busy trying to get used to classes. So let me update you on what's up :). 

Classes are starting to pick up now. It's crazy that professors are talking about midterms already when we just started classes two weeks ago. I guess that's what happens when you have a quarter system lol. Everything comes up a lot faster :P. As far as the classes themselves go, not too much has changed. I still really enjoy my World Systems class. The professor cannot stop having side conversations with the Americans and she now makes us interact with other students :P. It was cool the other day being able to talk to students about their history experience. Very insightful for sure. I'm still worried about my Japanese class. I haven't gotten a perfect score on any of my assignments yet and it's kinda nerve-wracking. The grading method is somewhat confusing so I hope I'm doing ok but I never know :/. My other classes are going well, just busy. 

I'm still doing kickboxing which is helping my stress some. It is a lot of fun and is helping me try to stay in shape. Also, I have discovered the awesomeness which is the Pacific Cafe. They have delicious ice cream as well as awesome crepes. I have to resist spending every yen I have there :P. 

So physically and academically, things are going alright. School will always be stressful no matter what and I handle it the best I can. I have to admit that right now emotionally, I'm not in the best state. I'm all over the place. Days run together and emotions are everywhere. There are things that make me happy but at the same time, I always find myself in this dark cloud of frustration, anger, and sadness. I think part of it is homesickness. As I've expressed before, I don't think I'll ever get over being away from home, especially with as much stuff that is going on. I feel that while being here is a great opportunity, I'm missing out on so much more back home. I find that I have also become more passive and sensitive as this goes on. Things that typically don't bother me annoy me the most and I just find myself lacking the ability to care. I ask for your continued support as I get through this exchange. It isn't easy and I'm trying to make the best of it. :) <3 

No comments :

Post a Comment