Tuesday, April 16, 2013

So I'm really sorry I haven't posted in a couple days but nothing super exciting has happened :P. 

I've been going to my classes and am trying to get back a relatively normal schedule. It's so strange to be just now starting my Spring semester lol. Anyway, my classes are actually fairly interesting. I find it humorous though that all of my teachers know who the exchange students are. They have no problem asking for the "American" perspective on things. I'm also really enjoying the material I'm studying. My most interesting class so far is my Global History and World Systems class. It's basically studying the history of the world through globalization as opposed to studying each individual civilization and putting together a puzzle. My hardest class is for sure Japanese. Because of the level I am taking, the professor rarely uses English at all so you've got to hope that you understand what he is trying to explain. 

I'm have also really enjoyed kickboxing! It's such a great workout and I'm meeting all kinds of people there. In fact, today alone, two different guys from the group saw me and talked to me for a bit. It was great to feel like I was included :). Also, I've lost weight since I got here (Wooo!)! I'm trying to get back down to where I was last Summer which will take a good amount of work and energy. 

On top of this stuff, I'm working with Vanessa to plan some things to do for our quarter break. Right now, it looks like there will be LOTS of shopping involved although a trip to the aquarium isn't out of the works either :P. I'm really looking forward to exploring some more of the local area. 

In addition, the homesickness is going away for the most part and I'm starting to enjoy being here. I know for a lot of you, it seemed that I wasn't super excited and that I was really miserable and for a while I was; however, I'm finally adjusting to life here and I'm glad that I decided to do the exchange. It is rough to be away from friends and family and that feeling will never completely go away. It's also kinda hard to embrace life here when I still have so much going on back home. I'm trying my best to have fun here while also continuing to keep my responsibilities in ATL. If you ever feel like I dropped the ball or missed something, please let me know. I'm only human and I will make mistakes. :) <3 


No comments :

Post a Comment